“50 Kisses” is a world record holding (most writers on a film) crowd created feature film with multiple stories connected by one thing : a Valentines kiss.
Irreverent, charming, ridiculous, moving and at times wonderfully profound, “50 Kisses” features everything from love struck zombies, androids and teddy bears to fatigue fighting lesbians ! “50 Kisses” is the world’s first crowd generated feature film; a multi-cultural and global reflection of pop culture’s vision of love in the 21st century.
‘50 Kisses’ took just under two years from concept to completion with nearly two thousand scripts submitted, one hundred and twenty seven films completed and finally, one feature film… Here is a recap of its 2014 journey !
– “50 Kisses” has been officially selected for this year’s 10th annual Bay Street Film Festival in Thunder Bay, Ontario (Canada). The festival runs from September 3-7, 2014.
– “50 Kisses” won the Rhode Island International Film Festival Vision Award (August 5-10, 2014). Filmmaker Phil Peel and actress Holly Jacobson (from the segment ‘Love’) were there to collect the award. Congratulations to the whole “50 Kisses” community for yet another milestone.
– “50 Kisses” was screened on a whopping screen in 4K at the Birmingham Film Festival on June 7th, 2014. Filmmaking teams and screenwriters took the stage after the event for a Q&A session.
– The Scottish Premiere of “50 Kisses” took place in Inverness on June 4th, 2014 at the Go North Festival.
– Screening of “50 Kisses” in ‘The Cinema Truck’, a lorry converted into a mobile cinema on Monday May 26th, 2014 at the Holmfirth Film Festival (UK)
– Screening of “50 Kisses” at the Derby Film Festival (UK) on May 18th, 2014
– “50 Kisses” had been accepted to the London Independent Film Festival and played on Friday April 18th, 2014 at Shortwave with a Q&A afterward.
– The fifty one co-writers of “50 Kisses” gathered at BAFTA for a special screening on April 4th, 2014 and received their official ‘World Record Holder’ Awards and celebrated their extraordinary achievement.
– On February 13th 2014, crowdcreated feature film “50 Kisses” was simultaneously premiered and released in the UK. At a capacity screening at the London Genesis Cinema, cast, crew, friends and family gathered to celebrate in style.